Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Pal's coming to Norton?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    ... and then it got on the topic about how much it would cost for a person to own a PAL's, which was right around $1million in assets. Then it got to them working on a property deal, and said it would be done.
    You mean a franchise?
    Pal's - Franchise Information
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote Originally Posted by steer View Post
    Nope, he just said Norton/Wise area.
    I had to talk to him about Jam 4 Man, and then it got on the topic about how much it would cost for a person to own a PAL's, which was right around $1million in assets. Then it got to them working on a property deal, and said it would be done.
    Weren't you moving to Australia?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    You mean a franchise?
    Pal's - Franchise Information
    Yep, I read that too. I, and a eye doctor from the Abingdon area talked to them about it. He did say to have $1million in assets, to even consider it.

    and NSSB... Yes, I did go to Australia. UVA-Wise did not get my grades out in time. I arrived in Australia, and the university there did not have me in their system. I did not find out until I got off the plane there. With student visa requirements, I had to be enrolled in classes to live there. I'm trying to save up to go back.
    Because UVAWIse did not want to admit their mistake and said "must've been the holiday mail", and it cost me a nice chunk of change there and back.
    So, I'm back here for now.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steer
    It's true. I talked to the President of PAL's, Tom Crosby.
    He said they are working on a property deal in the Wise/Norton area.
    That is confirmed, without a doubt. Straight from the owners mouth.


    Yep, Pal Barger told me the same thing when he came over for Sunday dinner.

    I was wondering when Pal sold out myself. Being the president is not the same as being the owner.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    and they are gonna go the workforce to wrk at pals from where again???????

  6. #16
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I was wondering when Pal sold out myself. Being the president is not the same as being the owner.
    you are correct, and I do stand corrected on that mistake.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote Originally Posted by shwalker32 View Post
    and they are gonna go the workforce to wrk at pals from where again???????


    What do you think Pal's is? I don't believe gettin fast food/drive thru workers is gonna be that big a problem.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    What do you think Pal's is? I don't believe gettin fast food/drive thru workers is gonna be that big a problem.
    No, but working at Pal's requires something I don't think many in Wise Co. can offer. At least not if you consider the service already being provided at such fine establishments as Sonic.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    Warm bodies is one thing, getting intelligent, capable workers who are WILLING to do the job that Pals will require...there's the rub...
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  10. #20
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pal's coming to Norton?

    exactly if u think its easy to do why not come try! no offense if it was so easy to do then fast food places would never be hiring they would always be fully staffed whereas they are neither. that is what it wrong with this area too many fast food places to eat at not enuff of other stuff to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •